What are the benefits of blackberry?
Blackberry is a delicious fruit with high nutritional value, which stores nutritious components very well. Vitamins blackberry is very rich in terms of vitamin A , vitamin B1 , vitamin B2 , vitamin B3 , vitamin B6 , folic acid, vitamin C (ascorbic acid), vitamin E and vitamin K are included. The mineral, which is rich in minerals, contains calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium and zinc. Due to the fact that it is a very good amino group acid source, it does not cause harmful cholesterol problems due to its basic dietary fibers.
Health benefits of blackberry
Heart health supports: Blackberry is rich in anthocyanins that give her the dark color. These anthocyanins act as antioxidants and help combat free radicals and reduce inflammation. Thus, blackberry, which provides protection from heart disease, vitamin C is also very strong. Studies have shown that the daily intake of vitamin C can slow the progression of atherosclerosis and reduce the risk of cardiovascular problems such as heart attack and stroke.
Eye health is good: Blackberry anthocyanins and vitamin C because of the protection against macular degeneration provides protection. It protects against age-related macular degeneration and cataract, and prevents the formation of diseases causing central vision loss.
Helps digestion: Blackberry contains the recommended amount of daily fiber content. Therefore, berry or blackberry juice consumed during the day promotes digestion by assisting intestinal regularity. It is considered to be effective in reducing colon cancer due to irregularities in the bowel.
Women’s health is good: natural estrogens found in blackberry phytoestrogens, perimenopausal and menopausal symptoms is considered as a method of treatment of hot flashes. It is also ideal for assisting other problems such as bloating, PMS, lack of food and hot flashes. (3)
It is a source of antioxidants: Blackberry contains plenty of powerful antioxidants to protect the body in a variety of ways. Phenolic acids, flavonoids and flavonals are some of the antioxidant components that blackberry has. Thus, blackberry can fight against harmful free radicals easily. Many diseases caused by oxidative damage can be avoided with the consumption of blackberries.
Fight against cancer: Blackberry fruit is effective against the development of many types of cancer, including lung cancer, colon cancer and esophageal cancer. Micronutrients present in blackberry act as inhibitors in the proliferation of cancerous cells. Studies on blackberries have shown anti-cancer activity due to the fact that blackberry is rich in phytochemicals such as ellagic acid and cyanidation-3-glycoside, which disable tumor growth.
Protects against endothelial dysfunction: Blackberry provides protection against endothelial dysfunction, which causes abnormal functioning of the inner lining of the blood vessels. As mentioned in scientific research, this type of cyanidation-3-o-glucoside contains useful components known as
fight against oxidative activity. It acts as a preventive agent against vascular insufficiency and DNA damage. (4)
It improves brain function: If you experience problems such as memory loss or insufficiency, it can help to consume blackberries on a regular basis. The anthocyanin, vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E, magnesium, manganese, B-complex and selenium of the blackberry support the proper functioning of the brain functions. These minerals can also prevent neurotic disorders by preserving health food cells. Research suggests that regular consumption of blackberries is beneficial for cognitive growth as well as for emotional well-being.
Good for bone health: Regular consumption of blackberries is recommended to ensure a strong bone structure. There are calcium, vitamin K, zinc, iron, phosphorus, manganese, iron and magnesium which are very important for blackberry bone health. Vitamin K consumption plays an important role in the absorption of calcium by the bones. Adequate intake of calcium supports bone production and healthy bone structure.
Diabetes prevents: Diabetes is triggered by abnormal glucose levels in the body. High glucose index leads to cumulative diabetes. Because of its high fiber content, blackberry helps to regulate blood sugar absorption. If you want to prevent diabetes, the only portion of blackberry contains about 4 grams of fiber; therefore, regular consumption can be quite useful. (5)
It helps to lose weight: Although the low calorie is low in nutrients, it is indispensable for diet programs. A glass of fresh blackberries has only 62 calories. The consumed blackberry also creates a feeling of satiety. A cup of blackberries contains about 7 grams of fiber and 30.2 milligrams of vitamin C. In addition, manganese, vitamin K and folate is also a substitute for sweetness because it contains. Due to its low sodium content, blackberry is also an excellent choice for salt-restriction. (6)
The benefits of blackberry on skin
- The anthocyanins and polyphenols of the blackberry are two important antioxidants. They are fighting free radicals. On the other hand, Vitamin C and vitamin A help to create collagen for skin health. In regular blackberry consumption, these antioxidants and vitamins renew skin cells and protect the skin from harmful UVA and UVB rays.
- Blackberry contains plenty of fiber and more than 85% water. Both are very necessary for a healthy looking skin. Blackberry consumption detoxifies the body and maintains the elasticity of the skin.
- Blackberry contains Vitamin A, C and K, which are considered excellent to rejuvenate the skin. In addition, the seeds rich in omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids are of vital importance for healthy skin.
- Blackberry is valuable for skin cleansing. It also detoxifies oily skin. (7)
The benefits of blackberry tea
- Blackberry tea helps to prevent the development of cells that cause cancer, such as lung, esophagus and colon.
- Blackberry tea is a strong heart preserver. The anthocyanins and flavonols it contains are highly effective to protect the heart.
- In some studies, it has been seen that blackberry tea supports the digestive system due to its fiber.
- Blackberry tea is very useful for protecting bones as it contains vital minerals such as calcium and magnesium which are perfect for healthy bones.
- Blackberry tea consumed daily is very useful for healthy eyes. It can be effective to reduce ultraviolet radiation thanks to the useful lutein it contains.
- Blackberry tea contains vitamin E, C and antioxidants and is very useful for skin health. It works to protect skin and prevent wrinkle formation.
- Blackberry tea is a good option for brain functions. It can help to improve cognitive function.
- Blackberry tea is an excellent and powerful source of antioxidants that protects the body from many angles and diseases.
- Blackberry tea contains nutrients that can be very useful in the treatment of certain diseases, including treating blood clotting.
- Blackberry tea is a very good resource to strengthen the immune system.
- Blackberry tea has proven to be an effective drug in the treatment of diarrhea and dysentery.
- Another benefit of blackberry tea is that it can help prevent endothelial dysfunction.
- Blackberry tea rich in folate is considered to be useful during pregnancy.
- Blackberry tea offers anti-aging activities.
- Blackberry tea can be consumed to treat hemorrhoids. (8)
Benefits of blackberry root
- Blackberry root is a reliable drug that has been used since ancient times for diarrhea, bleeding and vomiting.
- It is also considered a valuable nutrient in the treatment of dysentery, hemorrhoid, cystitis and excess water (edema).
- Blackberry root cleanses the wounds when applied to the skin, but also alleviates the pain experienced in insect bites.
- Blackberry root, which is a great skin cleanser for oily skin, is also thought to help treatment for acne, skin rashes and burns.
- Since the root of the blackberry contains high amounts of tannins, it is beneficial on the intestinal membrane and the digestive system.
- It cleans the body by throwing toxins against the attack of bacterial infections and parasites.
- To stop diarrhea, blackberry root is used for treatment.
- For some gastrointestinal conditions, the recommended blackberry root should be consulted prior to use.
- Blackberry root extract reduces the bleeding because it contains tannins. Mouth, uterine bleeding and excessive menstrual bleeding were effective in hemophilia cases.
- Blackberry root tincture is thought to relieve sore throat, mouth ulcers, gingivitis.
- Also used as a skin toner, blackberry skin bubbles can be useful for cases such as insect bites.
Note: If you are using blackberry root tincture you can use up to 6-12 drops of juice and water. (9)
The benefits of blackberry leaf
- Blackberry leaves contain considerable amounts of flavonoid compounds. According to a study, these leaves also offer kaempferol and quercetin, phenolic acids, triterpenes, mineral salts and vitamin C derivatives.
- Flavonoids in blackberry leaves are potent antioxidants, so they act as both anti-inflammatory and immune system enhancers.
- Blackberry leaves are used to help sore throat, mouth sores, anti-aging (anti-aging), diarrhea, wounds and hemorrhoids.
- If you suffer from sore throat, you can use tea or gargle with blackberry leaves, and you can relieve the pain.
- Blackberry leaves may delay aging. Blackberry leaf extract suppresses certain matrix metalloproteinase (MMP), which causes wrinkles. In addition, it was found that the leaves served as an antioxidant because they contain vitamin E.
- According to research at the University of Maryland Medical Center, blackberry leaf can treat diarrhea. However, it is useful to consult a doctor before use.
- Blackberry leaf tincture or the leaves of berries applied by the process of boiling leaves to help reduce hemorrhoids.
- Blackberry leaves are used as external compressions to heal wounds and bruises. (10)
Losses of blackberry
Blackberry has no known serious side effects. Blackberries should be eaten ripe. If the immature ones are consumed green, they can cause constipation. Consumption of excessive amounts of blackberry may be the cause of diarrhea.
In people with tannin sensitivity, the consumption of blackberry may cause nausea and vomiting due to the high tannin content. (11th)
Blackberry tea consumption during pregnancy: Blackberry can be useful for pregnant women. The source of folic acid it contains contributes to the optimal growth of cells and tissues and helps reduce the risk of births in infants. Folate is a critical food that is already needed for all age groups to be better than cell functioning. Vitamin C and other antioxidants strengthen the bones, the expectant mother increases the fight against diseases with the presence of essential minerals such as calcium, iron, magnesium and phosphorus, making it stronger. It will also be most healthy to consume blackberries as a quick snack during pregnancy. (12)
The age and health status of the person consuming the amount of blackberry consumption are determined. It would be best to consume the natural blackberry. Observe the information on the product label and be sure to consult your doctor or pharmacist before use. (13)