Moisture is the main reason for the smell of mold in the house. However, clothing that is folded down before drying out, wooden clothes that remain wet for a long time, old furniture can cause mold smell. You should take precautions as soon as possible for mold or it can spread quickly and cause the products to rot. In this article you can find answers to the question of how the smell of mold goes.
How does the smell of mold go?
Temporary remedies for mold smell: If you are looking for a short time to find a solution to the smell of molds, a room spray that will mask the smell of mildew can work for a short time. Of course, this can only be used as a temporary solution and does not eliminate the causes of mold. However, if your guests are coming and there is a mildew smell at home, the shortest solution is room spray.
Permanent Solutions for the Smell of Mildew : We can recommend vinegar if you are looking for a solution that will provide a permanent solution to the question of how to go. Vinegar mold accumulation can be poured to the point where they are formed and can be solved in a short time. When the mold is dissolved, thoroughly ventilate the house and get rid of the smell of mold. If mold formation occurs in closet-like places, empty the cupboard and pour the white vinegar into a large-mouthed bowl or plate and place it in the cupboard. Close the doors of the cabinet and wait for 1 day. When you open the covers after 24 hours, you will see the smell of mold gone.
Another effective method of vinegar is to pour lemon juice over mold. Lemon juice can also be used to remove the mold that surrounds the clothes. After pouring lemon juice into the mold area, wait for a while and then wash it in the washing machine in the normal program.
If you have mold on the bathroom tiles, in the shower cabin and around the sink, you can use bleach to clean them. Pour a small amount of bleach into the area of mold accumulation and rinse thoroughly with water after waiting 3-4 hours. Take care that you do not inhale the bleach in a closed area and do not come into contact with your hands.
Protection against mold
- You can prevent mold and mildew odor by regular cleaning, by regularly cleaning the rooms and inside the cabinets.
- In the presence of permanent moisture such as bathrooms, mold formation is inevitable. For this purpose, you can ventilate the steam to remove steam. If you don’t have a window in the bathroom, you can buy it from the dehumidifier devices and run it in your bathroom for a while after showering. Dehumidifiers prevent the formation of moisture and prevent bacteria.
- If you find out what is causing the mold odor and does not eliminate this cause, the odor will continue or it will start again after a while. Therefore, the causative agent must be found and eliminated.
- Make sure that the clothes are completely dry before they are placed in the closet.
- Make sure that they are completely dry before disposing of the towels or other items in the dirty basket.
- In some sources, it is recommended to remove moldy carpets or upholstery.