How To Make Cinnamon Tea, What Are The Benefits?
Cinnamon is a tree in the family of laurels. The homeland of the evergreen tree, which is evergreen, is South Asia and Southeast Asia. In our country, outside the botanical gardens cinnamon tree does not grow. The blunt branches of the tree are cut and the outer shell is peeled and dried. The cinnamon shell or powdered cinnamon from tropical climates is one of the indispensable spices of kitchens. BC in China It is known that cinnamon has been used since 3000s. Adding this woody spice into hot water creates a pleasant, aromatic and delicious tea. In recent years, research has revealed that cinnamon has many characteristics that can positively affect health. Cinnamon tea can be used to accelerate weight loss, increase immunity and prevent chronic diseases.
What is Cinnamon Tea?
Cinnamon tea is a herbal tea made by brewing cinnamon bark in hot water. Cinnamon tea can also be prepared using cinnamon powder and cinnamon extract. Cinnamon bark is usually sold in the form of cinnamon sticks, but cinnamon tea bags containing crushed cinnamon bark can also be found. In Chile, cinnamon tea is made by infusing the cinnamon stick with black tea leaves in hot water. In Korea, cinnamon tea is consumed by mixing with ginger tea. For cinnamon tea in Korea, it uses only the shell of Chinese or kasia cinnamon, the scientific name of Cinnamomum cassia, and served by sweetening with honey or sugar. While many people combine cinnamon with other ingredients such as ginger, honey or milk, others prefer to extract the cinnamon as it is without combining it with anything. Well, What does cinnamon tea do? Some of the benefits of cinnamon tea, a delicious and soothing decaffeinated beverage that improves heart health, controls blood sugar, and facilitates weight loss.
There are two types of cinnamon commonly used to make cinnamon tea. Cassia cinnamon is the most common form of cinnamon. Most supermarkets can be found in the spice department. Although it is of Chinese origin, kasia cinnamon is widely cultivated and used worldwide. However, cinnamon cinnamon can be harmful because of the presence of a compound called coumarin, which can be toxic when consumed in large quantities. The color of this cinnamon variety is darker than the real cinnamon.
Cinnamomum verum or Ceylon cinnamon, known as true cinnamon, is useful in many subjects. Ceylon or the official name of Sri Lanka has spread to the world. Ceylon cinnamon, which has a mild, aroma-rich and lighter color, contains much less coumarin than kasia or Chinese cassia. In this respect, it is a safer alternative than kasia cinnamon.
Benefits of Cinnamon Tea
Cinnamon tea has important benefits such as keeping blood sugar stable, supporting heart health, protecting against cancer, promoting weight loss, reducing inflammation, and preserving brain function. The benefits of cinnamon are described below.
1. Antioxidant depot: Cinnamon tea is full of antioxidants such as many herbal teas. Cinnamon bark contains catechins and procyanidins with antioxidant activity. These antioxidants protect the body from oxidative stress caused by free radicals. Free radicals are associated with chronic diseases such as heart disease and cancer, as well as early aging. The cinnamon shell also contains polyphenols and flavonoids with free radical scavenging properties.
2. Increases immunity: Like many tea, cinnamon tea also helps to strengthen the immune system and fend off pathogens that are disease agents. Studies show that cinnamon can inhibit the growth of bacteria, including Salmonella and Candida albicans. This tea has antibacterial properties that can help to eliminate colds and colds as well as bacteria that cause bad breath.
3. Stabilizes blood sugar : Cinnamon has a strong effect on blood sugar level. Some research has shown that tissues through the circulation of cinnamon
4. Supports heart health : adding daily routine cinnamon tea provides great benefits when it comes to heart health. Antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds in cinnamon tea help prevent heart problems caused by high cholesterol and triglycerides. Cinnamon reduces blood sugar levels as well as reduces total and es bad esterol LDL cholesterol and triglyceride levels and increases useful HDL cholesterol levels.
5. Has cancer prevention properties: Some in vitro studies and animal models have found that cinnamon can help prevent cancer. A research conducted on the subject and published results showed that cinnamon extract can stimulate tumor cell death in skin cancer cells by altering the activity of specific proteins. In another in-vitro study, there were similar findings indicating that polyphenols isolated from cinnamon helped reduce the growth and spread of liver cancer cells. However, further studies are needed to determine whether the effects of cinnamon’s cancer-related effects apply to humans.
6. Promotes weight loss: Although studies on the effects of cinnamon tea on weight loss have been limited, some studies have shown promising results. For example, a study from India showed that there were significant reductions in waist circumference and body mass index of people who received three grams of cinnamon supplement per day for 16 weeks and compared with the control group.
7. Reduces inflammationStudies have shown that inflammation at the origin of chronic diseases such as cancer, diabetes and autoimmune diseases may occur. Inflammation or inflammation can also increase the risk of developing cardiovascular problems such as blood clotting and heart attacks. Studies show that cinnamon and cinnamon tea are rich in antioxidants and potent anti-inflammatory properties and can help reduce inflammation, which can cause a range of health problems. For example, a study by the Chinese Medical University has shown that some compounds are effective in reducing the signs of in vitro inflammation. Ceylon cinnamon is one of the most potent anti-inflammatory foods. Researchers show that cinnamic aldehyde in the cinnamon of the substance that reduces inflammation.
8. Maintains brain function: One of the most impressive benefits of drinking cinnamon tea before bedtime is the ability to maintain and maintain brain function. Cinnamon tea drink helps to protect the brain from neurological diseases such as Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s. A study of animals published in 2014 found that cinnamon helped protect neurons and improve motor function in mice with Parkinson’s disease. Cinnamon helps maintain dopamine production, which helps normalize neurotransmitters. Another in vitro study in California showed that specific compounds help prevent abnormal modifications of proteins in the brain. This is thought to help prevent Alzheimer’s.
How to prepare Cinnamon Tea?
There are many different cinnamon tea recipes and options. One of the easiest ways to make a hot cinnamon tea is a teaspoon of 1 cup of hot waterAdd cinnamon powder and mix. In addition, the cinnamon stick can be placed in a cup of boiling water and allowed to infuse 10 su15. In the meantime, unique flavor and healthy compounds will be mixed into the beverage. Cinnamon tea bags can often be found in many grocery products, such as cinnamon green tea, ginger cinnamon tea or honey-cinnamon tea. In addition, cinnamon tea can be prepared by mixing with popular spices and natural sweeteners in houses. Turmeric, apple, lemon and banana are other ways of laying a different flavor into cinnamon tea. Although it can taste this delicious drink at any time of the day, most people prefer to drink cinnamon tea in the morning or drink before bed to take advantage of the soothing, sleep-stimulating feature.
Side Effects of Cinnamon Tea and what are the measures that can be taken?
Cinnamon tea is safe as long as it is consumed. Excessive hot cinnamon tea consumption can cause side effects such as mouth sores and throat irritation. Cinnamon tea can cause an allergic reaction in people with allergic to cinnamon. If symptoms such as itching, swelling of the tongue or breathing difficulties are encountered, immediately stop using cinnamon and go to the emergency room of a hospital. People who are allergic to cinnamic aldehyde (cinnamaldehyde) in cinnamon should also give up drinking this tea.
Cinnamon tea can interact with some drugs. Those who use diabetes for diabetes, blood sugar problems, or heart disease should consult with their doctor before drinking cinnamon. Some types of cinnamon can cause liver failureit contains high amounts of coumarin, which may cause. Those who use drugs for liver disease should not drink cinnamon tea. Ceylon cinnamon should be used instead of cassia cinnamon to keep coumarin consumption low and to prevent negative side effects.
Those who use cinnamon tea for weight loss should pay attention to the materials they use. Adding sweeteners such as honey, maple syrup or sugar to the cinnamon tea increases the flavor, but also causes the removal of excess calories.
It is a proposal and Information article that has been compiled from different sources. There is no definitive diagnosis and treatment. Ask your doctor about any health problems. Remember, the treatment methods applied in health problems may vary according to the biology of individuals, hereditary characteristics, age, height, weight differences, allergic aspects and dozens of such conditions. Only your doctor can help you in the treatment of your health problems.