Adrenal insufficiency (Addison’s disease) what is the diagnosis what is it and how is it treated? We have compiled all the details we know about the disease.
What Is Adrenal Insufficiency (Addison’s Disease) ?
The adrenal gland plays an important role in terms of providing balance to the body by secreting various hormones. Adrenal insufficiency (Addison’s disease) adrenal steroid hormones, the adrenal glands does not produce enough of the shell damage and disease.
1 in every 100,000 individuals a rare disease adrenal insufficiency. Women of all ages or men which can be seen in this disturbance, first described by Thomas Addison in 1855.
As long as they take their medication with disease adrenal insufficiency people who are living their normal life can continue.
Adrenal Insufficiency (Addison’s Disease) What Causes This?
In general there are two types of adrenal insufficiency. These are:
- Primary Adrenal Insufficiency
- Secondary Adrenal Insufficiency.
Causes Of Primary Adrenal Insufficienc
- Glucocorticoids for long periods of uptake into the body
- Addison’s disease can cause infections in the body. Fungal infections may also contribute to the disease.
- Cancer is the uncontrolled growth of tumors
- That is used to control blood clotting blood-thinning medications can affect the adrenal glands over time.
Causes Of Secondary Adrenal Insufficiency
- Secondary adrenal insufficiency of corticosteroid should be used with the doctor’s advice can be seen in the case of not using drugs.
- There is a risk of developing Addison’s disease, cancer patients and also TB patients.
What Are The Symptoms Of Adrenal Insufficiency?
Adrenal insufficiency (Addison’s disease) is seen in many people with symptoms. In general the symptoms are as follows:
- Chronic fatigue and muscle weakness
- An increase in pigmentlesmes leather (skin becomes darker)
- Weight loss, decreased appetite and digestive difficulties
- Decrease in heart rate and blood pressure
- Low blood sugar
- Pain in the mouth area
- Request salt
- Irritability and depression
- Strain to cope with stress
- Increased sensitivity to hot and cold
How Is The Diagnosis Of Adrenal Insufficiency?
In people with adrenal insufficiency, the symptoms of the disease may not understand. For this reason, the discomfort will move. The distinctive that separates you from other diseases symptoms of adrenal insufficiency include:
- Waist, abdomen or legs, sudden severe pain
- Severe vomiting and diarrhea and excessive fluid loss
- Rapidly falling blood pressure
- Loss of consciousness
- The kidneys to be unable to perform the duties of
The person with these signs and symptoms should be seen by a doctor immediately. The signs and symptoms the doctor asks for the test and then physically applies. Measures the levels of potassium and sodium. In addition, it identifies your hormone levels.
What Is The Treatment Of Adrenal Insufficiency?
Adrenal insufficiency caused by a deficiency of hormones produced in the adrenal glands, the hormones missing in this passage takes place in the form of the disease supplemented.Therefore steroid hormone hydrocortisone tablets are taken. These tablets taken per day 1 or 2 of the disease according to the state. In some cases, fludrocortisone acetate, aldosterone can be replaced with a synthetic steroid called.
These drugs are sometimes the intervention of a doctor, stress, surgery, infection or injury because of special circumstances, such as the dose can be increased.
Drugs for the treatment of adrenal insufficiency always successful results are obtained. The treatment needs to continue on a regular basis. However, miss a single dose of drugs can lead to dangerous situations. For this reason, patients should use the medication for life, without disrupting in any way.
People with adrenal insufficiency, The Salt written on the prescription by the doctor when they were in crisis, and glucocorticoid hormones should not be given to the patient by the method of injection of liquid quickly.
Located in our news, written and compiled from different sources of visual content to be created, a letter of suggestions and information. Constitutes the definitive diagnosis and treatment. In the face of any health problem contact your doctor.