Reasons For Hair Loss In Children
Hair loss (alopecia) is a scary and frustrating symptom for parents. These parents, they lose their hair especially for children, and an unexpected symptom. Unfortunately, hair loss in children is a common complaint. But in most cases, hair loss is temporary and the hair grows back.
The opinion of many people about the reasons for hair loss in children is linked to childhood cancer. Although this disease can cause hair loss, the main cause of hair loss cancer chemotherapy or radiation (anagen effluvium), such as cancer treatments.
Telogen effluvium hair than normal hair loss from occurring hair loss in children when it is opened is another classic reason. However, this situation is not understood by most parents of the time. Telogen effluvium often children from high fever, surgery, sudden weight loss or even emotional stress lately, if they had a disease, this is approximately six weeks after pregnancy, after three months, suddenly they will lose a lot of hair.
Telogen effluvium children from the weakened point of the hair, their hair continues to shed in clumps for a few weeks or months big. But then within six months the hair starts to grow again without any treatment. This hair loss stress factors in place of the boy’s hair with the normal hair growth phase, the resting or dormant stage for bringing you into a is believed to arise. Then, the new hair until the hair is poured and then for normal growth stages.
Common Causes Of Hair Loss
Are the most common causes of hair loss in children and young people;
• Hair, skin disease, ringworm (tinea capitis) is one of the most common causes of hair loss in children. Usually found in children between the ages of 3-5. Hair disease, in addition to having a red circular lesion, hair loss and itchy, scaly lesions on the scalp facilitates the recognition of disease. Ringworm signs and symptoms may be more severe. Itching or broken hairs instead of hair loss Without Hair Loss (black dot tinea capitis) symptoms of the course of illness can be observed.
• Bacterial infections, some that appear similar to ringworm may cause hair loss. This hair loss ringworm is not caused by bacteria, usually Staph aureus.
• Traction alopecia in the temporal region behind the head of hair the loss due to friction in this region. Who wear tight braids or ponytails and newborns is common in children in parts of the temporal.
• Located between the other hair loss causes, hair pull, or the habit of playing; your thumb sucking, pacifier sucking, a habit that can be scrubbed or blanket for babies and young children. This habit usually are forgotten in two or three years, while others may continue to pull your hair until they are three to five years old. This habit is ignored, although sometimes it will cause some hair loss, because the boy’s hair be cut short or if it bothers her habits guiding you into one of the other works.
• Repetitive stress disorder in a way which is known as the impulse with this disease often hair loss obsessive-compulsive disorder dsm4 even thought to be related to a disease as a separate category. Before taking or plucking your hair with the draw against intervention and psychological dependence and feel the tension when you pull their hair, pleasure, satisfaction or relief who feels a child or young disease. These children usually a child psychiatrist or child visibly psychologist that specializes in hair loss treatment of baldness is there when you are in need of.
Alopecia areata the immune system attacks hair follicles and causes hair loss in child autoimmune. A child’s scalp alopecia areata that causes hair loss in round or oval patches or other discomfort in the body part. Unlike ringworm, the scalp in round patches of redness without the shedding of this disease is completely smooth or regional. Among the treatments include steroid injections and some tropical medicines. Thankfully, hair growth can often be used on its own.
• Alopecia totalis and alopecia hair loss condition which causes hair Universalis. However, the child the entire scalp (alopecia totalis) and body hair (alopecia universalis) and alopecia totalis, alopecia universalis, except for the loss of alopecia areata is similar. The chance of treatment success and hair regrowth, alopecia areata, alopecia totalis and alopecia universalis for for lower than it is. The child to a pediatric dermatologist can help with any of these diseases to be treated. In addition to the previously mentioned treatments for alopecia areata, other treatments and ultraviolet light therapy (PUVA), oral steroids or oral cyclosporine can include.
Sometimes a wig is the best treatment for alopecia areata and alopecia totali high quality.
Other Causes Of Hair Loss
Ringworm, hair pulling, traction alopecia causes hair loss in addition to the above-mentioned and other, less common causes of hair loss may include:
• Thyroid disease, including hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism
• Systemic lupus erythematosus, diabetes mellitus, or diseases such as iron deficiency anemia
• Vitamin A toxicity
If a child has any of these diseases, may be expected to have any other symptoms except for hair loss. For example, vitamin A toxicity is also a headache, vision changes, irritability, vomiting, and weight loss etc. the symptoms shows. Hair loss may be caused by structural abnormalities of the fracture, this is usually easy breakage and dry, brittle hair can result. A pediatric dermatologist, often such abnormalities, hair strands can identify by looking under a microscope.
If the boy is losing his hair, probably a visit to the doctor may be the first step. The doctor, ringworm, telogen effluvium and traction alopecia such as hair loss treatment can help you and you will be able to identify the causes. For other conditions, including baldness and alopecia areata, the child’s doctor will direct you to a specialist for further treatment.
Located in our news, written and compiled from different sources of visual content to be created, a letter of suggestions and information. Constitutes the definitive diagnosis and treatment. In the face of any health problem contact your doctor.