Sleep Apnea, respiratory arrest starts with a potentially serious sleep disorder. And even if you feel fatigue after a full night’s sleep if snoring loudly, Sleep Apnea may have.
There are two main types of sleep apnea:
- Obstructive sleep apnea is a common condition due to relaxation of the throat muscles
- In central Sleep Apnea, the muscles that control breathing to send the signal to the brain is a condition that occurs as a result of not correct.
If you are suffering from Sleep Apnea if you think that your self, check with your doctor. Treatment, prevention of heart problems and other complications in the name of absolutely is required.
Therefore the signs and symptoms of obstructive sleep apnea and Central Sleep Apnea overlap can sometimes be difficult to determine exactly what type of. Among the most common signs and symptoms of obstructive and Central Sleep Apnea, the following can be shown.
- Excessive daytime sleep (hipersomnia)
- Loud snoring – obstructive sleep apnea is more common.
- Cases of disruption of sleep that is observed by another person
- Short, sudden awakenings with breathing – more can be seen as an indicator of Central Sleep Apnea.
- Waking up with dry mouth and sore throat
- In the morning headaches that arise
- The difficulty of staying sleepy (insomnia)
Should go to the doctor when you or your partner if you see the following signs consult a medical professional.
- Snore so loudly that you disturb yourself or others
- Short breathing you sleep cryo
- Pauses in breathing during sleep occurring at intervals
- While working, watching television and even while driving a vehicle that can cause you to fall asleep, excessive daytime sleep.
Most people sees it as a symptom of a serious problem with snoring and with sleep apnea every person horlamaz. But seriously noisy, especially if you have problems with split sessizliklerce snoring consult your doctor. That made you chronically tired, sleepy and irritable, that makes every sleep problem, inform your doctor. Excessive daytime sleepiness (hipersomnia), can be caused by other sleep disorders such as narcolepsy.
Obstructive sleep apnea: obstructive sleep apnea, occurs when throat muscles relax in the back. These muscles are hanging from the soft palate the triangular part tap (small language), which is the soft palate, tonsils and throat with his tongue and the side walls of the supports.
Muscles relax, your breathing path narrows and closes when you breathe, can’t breathe enough and you become. This may reduce the oxygen levels in your blood. Your brain detects respiratory and breathing problems wakes you up and you will have to turn your back. This awakening is usually so brief you don’t even remember that.
Breathing through your nose, lockup, or shortness of breath you may experience. Than five times per hour all night long yourself in this situation you can repeat up to more than thirty. This prevents you from achieving deep restful sleep disruptions and you expected, and you feel sleepy during waking hours.
People are divided, they may not realize that sleep Sleep Apnea. In fact, some people even believe that with a medical condition that they sleep better.
Central Sleep Apnea is less common central Sleep Apnea, which will occur upon failure of the brain to send a signal to your breathing muscles. Short term, you may wake up with a breath, or you may experience difficulty falling asleep and sleeping in. Like obstructive sleep apnea, snoring, and daytime sleepiness may occur. The most common cause of Central Sleep Apnea heart palpitations, while it is less common and is down. People with central Sleep Apnea, obstructive sleep apnea awakening better for people with can remember.
Treatment and drugs
For more mild cases of sleep apnea, your doctor can recommend changes that you make in your life, like lose weight or stop smoking. If you do not develop these criteria, your signs and symptoms if you or your mother a piece of a true bent from mild to severe a number of other treatment methods are available. Certain devices can help open your airway closed. In other cases, surgery may be necessary.
Treatment of obstructive sleep apnea may include the following:
- Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP). From mild to severe, a right-leaning Sleep Apnea if you have placed a mask over your nose while you sleep that sends air pressure from a machine and hence you can benefit. CPAP (see Fig. pap) with air pressure from the air around you in a way to make more income channels to prevent you from Apnea and snoring upper respiratory tract and your your opens.
Although CPAP is the most common and reliable way to treat Sleep Apnea, some people find it inconvenient and uncomfortable. Many people have given up on using CPAP, but with some practice, most people learn how to adjust belt tension to get a comfortable and secure fit. You may need to try a few times to find a mask that is comfortable. Some people also can benefit from a moisturizer in addition to the CPAP system.
The CPAP machine experiencing the issue, only to stop using. Obtain a more comfortable use with your doctor to make changes. In addition, despite treatment, still if you are snoring again and have started to snore, consult your doctor. If a change in your weight if this happens, any changes to the pressure settings can be made.
- Adjustable Airway Pressure appliances. If CPAP continues to be a problem, if a pressure device that automatically adjusts the pressure while you sleep you can use a kind of the respiratory tract. For example, the same level Positive Airway Pressure (BPAP) provide units that are available. These tools provide more pressure and less pressure when you exhale when you breathe.
- Expiratory Positive Airway Pressure (EPAP). This treatment the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) which is approved by the latest treatment. And disposable instruments are placed in small holes in the nose before you go to sleep. This instrument, the air valve that allows you to enter freely, but when you exhale, to get out through the small holes in the air valve. In this case, the pressure increases in the respiratory tract and keeps it open. This device compared to that of imitations, reduces snoring and daytime sleepiness. And may be an alternative to CPAP for those who could stand.
- Oral devices. Another option is to use oral devices that are designed to keep your throat open. CPAP, oral appliance more reliable, but can be easier with the use of oral appliances. Some are designed to open your throat by bringing your jaw forward, and sometimes they can reduce snoring and mild obstructive sleep apnea.
Many devices like this are available from your dentist, more teeth. Choose the device that suits you best until you may need to try a few devices. When you find the right one, at least for the first year and then once every six months your dentist at least once a year you will have to apply with instructions is still good, and the alignment with the signs and symptoms to re-evaluate, you will need to go to your doctor.
Surgery if all the treatments fail, surgery is available as an option. In general, for a period of at least three months of other treatment options before surgical intervention must be used. But for people who have certain problems in the structure of the jaw, the first available is a good option. The goal of surgery snoring Sleep Apnea or sleep apnea by blocking the upper respiratory tract to vibrate the reason that causes the channel to widen the airway in the throat or through the nose. Surgical options include:
- Tissue extraction. Uvulopalatofaringoplasti (UPPP), which is called during this procedure, your doctor removes the texture from the top and the back of your throat from your mouth. Also the tonsils and adenoids is usually taken. This type of surgery, may be successful in stopping throat structures to snore which causes trembling. But he may not extremely successful at treating Sleep Apnea because your throat might be blocking your way from the bottom of the textures still remaining respiratory. UPPP, this procedure requires general anesthesia and is performed in a general hospital.
Tissue behind your throat with a laser (laser with the help of Uvulopalatofaringoplasti ), is not a recommended treatment for Sleep Apnea. Radiofrequency energy (radiofrequency ablation), for people who can’t stand CPAP or oral appliance may be an option.
- Repositioning of the jaw. In this procedure, your chin, your facial bones than the rest of front wraps. In this case, by extending the distance between the tongue and soft palate, prevents the formation of congestion. This procedure, known as maxillomandibular, oral surgeon and orthodontist may require you to work with, and can be combined with another procedure to increase the likelihood of success at some times.
- Implants. Plastic rods, the soft palate is surgically placed under the influence of local anesthesia you. CPAP and mild sleep ghaznavids who can’t stand this application is a viable option for African Americans.
- New create a channel breathing (tracheostomy). This kind of surgery, radiotherapy, chemotherapy, and other treatments if you do not get a result of severe and life-threatening if you have Sleep Apnea you can apply. In this application, the surgeon makes an opening in a metal or plastic pipe that you can breathe and your throat there places. You can keep this open area closed throughout the day. But you will open it to ensure the flow of the night air, and blocked the air bypass your throat so your lungs can fill with air channel.
Other surgical interventions can also reduce snoring by clearing the air channels or by expanding it to, and your treatment contributes to sleep apnea.
- Rhinoplasty is made to correct or to remove polyps curve regions between your nostrils (nasal septum level)
- Surgery for enlarged tonsils and adenoids
Central and complex Sleep Apnea treatments include:
- The treatment of related medical problems. Possible causes of Central Sleep Apnea, include heart or neuromuscular disorders, and to treat these cases may work. For example, optimizing therapy for heart failure, can reduce Sleep Apnea.
- Oxygen support. Receive oxygen during sleep, central Sleep Apnea if you have it might work. Oxygen to your lungs to send oxygen on as many different devices of different types are also available.
- Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP). This method, which is used for the treatment of obstructive sleep apnea, require that you wear a mask pressure to your nose while you sleep. This mask makes your respiratory air pressure through small channels to prevent the Fall is connected to a pump. CPAP reduce snoring and prevents Sleep Apnea. As in the case of obstructive sleep apnea, it is important to use the tool in the manner specified. If the mask is uncomfortable for you or if the pressure is too hard for you, talk to your doctor and make the necessary arrangements.
- The same level Positive Airway Pressure (BPAP). CPAP that provides stability, on the contrary, his breath, upper respiratory continually your printing, BPAP, produces a higher pressure when you breathe, when you exhale and lowers the pressure levels. The goal of treatment is to help central Sleep Apnea breathing is weak this structure. Some BPAP tools much more seconds have passed after the device is still set to send automatically if it detects that you haven’t taken a single breath, a breath.
- Adaptive servo-ventilation (ASV). This respirator, learns and saves this information to the computer in your normal breathing structure. When you sleep the device uses pressure to normalize your sleep and prevents breathing pauses in your structure. ASV some people in the treatment of sleep apnea, it is observed that as compared to the other devices are more successful.
Outside of these treatments, such as implants, you may read or hear new things about the different treatments for Sleep Apnea. Many medical device and has received approval from the U.S. Food and drug agency application, if recommended as a standalone treatment and that is what they are there is limited published research on useful they.
Lifestyle and home care
In most cases, personal care, maybe to have a sleep study and probably the most convenient way to deal with obstructive sleep apnea. Try this advice:
- Lose more weight. A small amount of your excess weight even if you give to the narrowing of your throat might be good. In some cases of sleep apnea, may improve return to a healthy weight by making. If you still don’t have a weight loss program, consult your doctor about appropriate weight loss method for you.
- Exercise. Live like a 30-minute walk most days of the week is done on a light activity, if their symptoms would be useful in improving obstructive sleep apnea.
- Avoid the usage of alcohol and certain drugs such as tranquilizers and sleeping pills. These relaxes the muscles in the back of your throat, so to breathe intervenes.
- Side rather than lying on your back or lie on your stomach. Lie on your back, your tongue and your soft palate to be pulled towards the back of your throat, and thus causes it to shut down your respiratory. To avoid sleeping on your back, sew a tennis ball on the top of the back of your pajamas.
- Keep your nasal channels are open at night. Use a saline nasal spray to help keep your nose open channels. Or any nasal decongestant for short term use because antihistami ask your doctor about using these drugs generally is recommended.
If you are a smoker if you quit smoking. Smoking worsens Sleep Apnea.
It is a proposal and Information article that has been compiled from different sources. There is no definitive diagnosis and treatment. Ask your doctor about any health problems. Remember, the treatment methods applied in health problems may vary according to the biology of individuals, hereditary characteristics, age, height, weight differences, allergic aspects and dozens of such conditions. Only your doctor can help you in the treatment of your health problems.